Wednesday, June 9, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

This...



is my yarn bag. Also know as the pain in the butt/in the way mess around my house. I learned how to crochet when I was about 14 from one of my best friends. I had been trying for years to learn (both my grandma & mom are avid crocheters) but I never caught on. Something finally stuck and I've been hooked on it ever since. I've made TONS of blankets, a few scarves, and a handful of hats.

I really love it. It's something I can do while I'm just sitting around watching T.V. at night. I can take it on the road with me. Heck, I even take it with me to Girls' Night In (everyone quit laughing after about the 3rd time). I like being able to use my hands to make something so special for my family and friends. Each blanket takes time and effort and is usually personalized specifically for the person I'm making it for. I've always like original, one of a kind products and this is one way that I can give the people I love a really unique gift.

What are some of your hobbies? Any obscure or weird ones? I'd love to know what you guys do for fun!

<3 Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment