Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Did you take off while I was gone?

Hey Monday

my new favorite band. it's hard to explain exactly what it is that i love about them. they're sound is totally original. great guitar, drums...AMAZING lyrics!! it's been a while since a band really inspired me, but they do. i can't help but get up and dance around my room, screaming their lyrics at the top of my lungs. i've compared them to paramore a lot over the last few days when people ask about them. their lyrics are the straight foward type saying "we're so in love, our relationship is awesome!" or "jerk you broke my heart! i hate you!" they have more of a metaphorical vibe to them. they can be taken to fit and mold whatever situation you need them too. Homecoming is probably one of my favorites, because i can relate to it really well. it's about a girl who's been away for a while and is telling this guy that she's coming back, does he remember all the places they used to go and things they used to do, or did he take off and forget that she was ever there. lol. hmm....that sounds SOOOO familiar! 6 months is really good...

so, honestly, i'm not a music critic, but i really think that you should check them out

0 comments:

Post a Comment