Friday, September 3, 2010

Heartbeats for Stereo Skyline

NEW BAND ALERT


Stereo Skyline


I found these guys a few weeks ago during some random YouTube surfing. I wasn't immediately in love, but the music and lyrics were catchy enough that I kept them on my iPod. This last week though, I've had nothing but Stereo Skyline on repeat.

I've been in one of those strangely happy moods where I want nothing but infectious pop music that makes you turn the stereo up while singing and dancing like a fool. Their music is just that. I burned an old school mix CD with Tongue Tied on it and drove around town listening to only that song.

Their debut album, Stuck on Repeat, was released earlier this summer.


The name says it all. Stuck on Repeat is literally an album you will have stuck on repeat. I find myself randomly humming their songs A LOT this week.

My personal favorites?

Tongue Tied
I LOVE the play on words in this song! Everyone has that moment when they run into someone that they really like and they're completely speechless and have no clue what to say, but you know with all your heart that you want to be "tongue tied" with that person. yeah...it goes there and I LOVE IT!



Heartbeat
The melody in this song is amazing. You can literally feel the song beating like a heartbeat.

A Little More Us
This so is so cute! It's hard for me to explain exactly what I like about it. It's got a pretty cute story line that does a lot of back and forth with the lyrics.

Downtown: really cute song. I liked it a lot.

Wanna know more about the band? Check them out on the web!

Myspace
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
PureVolume
Ustream

<3 Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment