Monday, September 20, 2010

Forget Blondes, College Girls Have More Fun

Admit it, college life is hard. College life for a girl, even harder. For the majority of us, college is the first time we've ever really been on our own: away from mom and dad, friends, teachers, grandparents...anyone that had a hand in raising us.

It's tough to be away from all those people. Trust me, I've been there. It's even harder when you're a freshman walking onto campus for the first time and the only thing you know about college is what you've seen on T.V., in movies, or the horror stories you heard from older friends/relatives.

When I go into something new, I do all kinds of research on the subject. The same goes for college. No one in my family, outside of my ultra conservative cousin, had really gone to college before. I was nervous and scared out of my mind. A few google searches later and I had found some blogs that have become like water to me. I literally can't go a day without them. Written by college girls (and guys!), for the average college student, these blogs have yet to disappoint. I hope they provide as much guidence and inspiration for you as they have for me.


College Fashion
I LOVE this blog! I've never been good at dressing like a "fashionista" but I've always known designers and labels. In my high school it was all about club shirts, jeans, sweats, and Uggs. Not too many girls dressed like they owned the runway. This blog completely changed the way I see fashion. I always considered fashion to be something that was just on the runways at Fashion Week or on the red carpet at award shows. It never occured to me that I could actually transfer the looks I saw in my favorite T.V. shows or movies into my real life. The website profiles tons of different looks, all on a college girl's budget. So if you're looking for this fall's must have items, or just want to find a different way to wear the stuff already in your closet, definitely check out the site. OH! and follow them on Twitter

College Candy
College Candy is definitely a must read for real life college advice. These girls & guys don't sugar coat ANYTHING. From dorm life to parties, hook ups and break ups, this site covers every aspect of college life. Tread lightly though, some readers could find the honesty to be a little much. Me, I enjoy the site more than I should and find it a great representation of college life from college kids. It's not always as perfect as Hollywood makes it seems. With different sections and articles covering anything you could want/need advice on, College Candy has a little bit of it all. You can follow them on Twitter too.

Every College Girl
I actually stumbled across this blog earlier this morning. I haven't had much of a chance to puruse the site, but it looks like it's got a lot of good stuff in it. The layout is fairly simple and easy to navigate, with stories and articles every college girl will easily relate to.

So there you have it...my list of blogs that no college girl should live without. Don't just take my word for it though. Check them out for yourself & then let me know what you think. I have a feeling you guys will become just as addicted to them as I am. :)

<3 Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment