Friday, October 22, 2010

I Could Never Stop Loving Jersey

I think I've made it pretty evident over the last few years just how much I love HEY MONDAY. They are definitely a major influence to me and one of the many bands that pushed me into doing what I am now.

I'm sure everyone remembers this blog from a few months ago where I talked about HEY MONDAY'S new EP and Jersey leaving the band.

Lucky for us, HEY MONDAY is not the end of Michael "Jersey" Moriarty.

My "obsession" with Jersey probably comes from my little sister who is crazy in love with this guy. When she met him in Memphis over the 4th of July, I swear she talked about it for MONTHS! It's still one of her favorite stories to tell, right up there with the time she met Never Shout Never's Christofer Drew.

That's all besides the point now. If you follow Jersey on Twitter (@omgitsjersey) then you already know that he's putting on new music. I finally had some time to investigate and I'm completely blown away.

I had no idea this bassist had such a voice!! I'm sitting here with his myspace literally on repeat. An acousitc song every now and then is good, and while I usually have to turn them off half way through (not enough "thump" for me!), these songs have completely blown me away.

I'm really upset that I don't live on the east coast. What I would do to see him live right now!

While Jersey hasn't released a physical EP yet, definitely follow his Twitter and Tumblr for all the latest news.

For sure check out the music on Myspace.

I'm definitely surprised by where Jersey has taken life after HEY MONDAY. I'm excited to see where his solo journey leads him.

<3 Jen

P.S. Jersey, if you ever get down here to the south, hit me up! I've got a band that would LOVE to play with you! We could work something out. Good luck! and I can't wait to hear more from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment